Re: Again on Windows support

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Again on Windows support
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 23:15:18 -0700

Hi Carlo,

On Fri 27 Mar 2009 02:39, "carlo.bramix" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
> I did a patch in the usual way instead of using GIT.

It's good to have the patch inline to review. It looks fine to me but I
will punt to Neil or Ludovic for the final review. Also, thanks for
taking care of the mmap issue.

> (still need to know if the mapping created in function
> make_objcode_by_mmap() needs to be freed somewhere or not!)

Guile never unmaps these files. I suppose it's possible, but if it is a
bug it's a Guile bug and not specific to the win32 side of things.

> After that, compilation continued until it said that there was an
> error with "restrict" keyword. I was forced to change it to
> "__restrict" or "__restrict__" otherwise it did not work.

Odd, but your fix has no negative effects that I can see.

> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/Carlo/g/module'
> /bin/mkdir -p `dirname system/base/pmatch.go`
> ../pre-inst-guile-env ../guile-tools compile -o "system/base/pmatch.go"
> "../../guile/module/system/base/pmatch.scm"
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-func:
> ERROR: symbol not found

So, if you've gotten this far, you should be able to run ./meta/guile,
or ./pre-inst-guile (depending on how up-to-date your git is). If that
doesn't work then perhaps set this as the equivalent of ~/.guile:

  (debug-enable 'backtrace)
  (debug-set! depth 80)

and re-run guile; you should get a Scheme backtrace that you can paste
here. Try also ./meta/guile -c 1 or ./meta/guile -c '(display "foo")'.

Let us know how it goes!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/