Re: Locks and threads

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Locks and threads
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:41:59 +0000

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

>   Does that sound sensible; have I missed anything?
>
> Also run tests on other than Linux, with as many different OS threading
> implementations as possible.  For all systems, set the threading
> libraries to the most restrictive settings, specifically aborting on any
> behavior the standard says is undefined.

I can't (or don't want to) do that myself.  We already have some
coverage here from Simon Josefsson's autobuilder, the Debian builds,
and Guile users running on interesting platforms.  If anyone sees
opportunities for feeding Guile into more build systems, please go
ahead!

> If the define-race program gets added as a check that make check runs,
> my autobuild machine will run it daily.

Yes, I will try to incorporate define-race in this way.

Thanks for your comments!

        Neil