Re: Locks and threads

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Locks and threads
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:14:16 +0000

Hello,

Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

> As helgrind and NetBSD's pthread checking code work by instrumenting
> the executable and watching progress, I'd suggest also trying out
> static analysis tools if anyone has them handy.  I see guile is
> already listed with Coverity's open-source scanner project; who's
> reviewing that data, if anyone?

I don't feel like supporting that tool.  I noticed that other free
software supporters are doubtful, too:
http://blog.josefsson.org/2007/04/02/boycott-scancoveritycom/ .

We could use tools like Splint, but it seems to be quite intrusive and
difficult to use when not used from the beginning of the project (to get
an idea it gives 97 warnings on `alist.c'...).

Thanks,
Ludo'.