Re: pushed to master: extensibility to (ice-9 session)

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: pushed to master: extensibility to (ice-9 session)
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:25:05 +0000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Neil,

Hi Andy...

> On Tue 27 Jan 2009 23:10, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Not sure I understand...  Anything like guile-sources, which we
>> already have?
>
> I mean to say, a list that gets a mail whenever something is pushed to
> master, automatically -- for reviewing each other's commits, and knowing
> what's going on. (I appreciate the detailed review :)

I'm not sure that's important.  It seems easy to me to use the web UI
at savannah to keep an eye on what's happening, and to cut and paste
commitdiffs from there for review.  But I don't object if you and
Ludovic think this would be useful.

>> Why noop here?  Won't that discard the documentation?
>
>     `noop' is a primitive procedure in the (guile) module.
>
>      -- Scheme Procedure: noop . args
>          Do nothing.  When called without arguments, return `#f', otherwise
>          return the first argument.
>
> Agreed that it's unclear, I'll change to be more idiomatic.

I think `identity' has the same effect, and to me that's a clearer
name in this context; so you could use that.

Finally, there's no NEWS entry in your commit - should there be one?
(Unless we're planning some kind of automatic scan for new module
exports, for when we do the 2.0 release, I think there should be some
NEWS here.)

Regards,
        Neil