Re: pushed to master: extensibility to (ice-9 session)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: pushed to master: extensibility to (ice-9 session)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:31:56 +0100

Hi,

Clinton Ebadi <address@hidden> writes:

> *FOO* to me implies that it is a fluid (as the *FOO* tradition comes
>  from Common Lisp where it is used to mark dynamically scoped
>  variables).

I had that feeling, too (although I never wrote a line of CL), and I
follow this convention in my Scheme projects, but I see that at least
Bigloo uses that convention for globals.  Scheme48 people seem to like
using `&'-prefixed names, as in SRFI-35 and parts of R6RS.  So Neil is
probably right in saying there's no convention.  ;-)

Ludo'.