Re: git head fails to build

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: git head fails to build
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:20:45 +0000

Hi Ludovic,

I guess you weren't able to commit your patch tonight, so I have now
tried to fix things up myself.  I believe master does now build.  (At
least it does for me after "rm -rf *" and "git checkout master -- .".)

I have just a few more comments on what you wrote below:

2009/1/14 Neil Jerram <address@hidden>:
> 2009/1/14 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>:
>
>> it
>> adds generated `.h' files (which is boring since they then have to be
>> removed before one can `pull' or `checkout')

My commits may still be wrong on this point.  I thought that the
committed .h files were present immediately after "gnulib-tool
--import", and before building, but I could have been mistaken on
that.  I'll check tomorrow and remove the superfluous files if so.

>>, it modifies
>> `m4/.gitignore' (which we don't want precisely because we commit
>> Gnulib's M4 files), it adds `lib/.gitignore', it modifies `INSTALL',
>> etc.

These are all fixed now.  INSTALL is reverted to how it was before,
and lib/.gitignore and m4/.gitignore are both empty.

Regards,
       Neil