Re: vm status update

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: vm status update
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 15:54:56 +0100

¡Hola Andy!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> So, ahem, what I mean to say is that the small number of tests reflects
> the small number of bugs, or something? ;-)

You might be right.  :-)

> Sure, and at some point I'll switch to benchmarking and optimization --
> but in the meantime perhaps someone whose named ends in udovic Courtès
> could make make a benchmarking suite? ;-)) I hear you're all finished
> with the BDW GC branch, right? :)

That must be me!  Well, there's something under `gc-benchmarks' in
there, with `gc-profile.scm' being the main entry point:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=guile.git;a=tree;f=gc-benchmarks;h=b4bf37646da364aa815620963281a7951c99bb5e;hb=c501d037b6a5b6953edd6a1da38b0d8e80ad4c7e

However, these are mostly GC-related benchmarks, and half of the job of
`gc-profile.scm' is to measure heap usage.  OTOH, there's also generic
machinery to allow the reuse of the Larceny/Gambit benchmarks, so
perhaps you could give it a try as well.

Cheers,
Ludo'.