Re: vm status update

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: vm status update
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:52:25 +0100

Hi!

On Mon 05 Jan 2009 22:03, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> I think it's good to have unit tests for the compiler/VM too.

Sure, would be good. First I'm going to work on documenting the
compiler though, so there's something to test. But honestly speaking,
I'm not going to go on a spree of unit-test writing -- I write them as I
find bugs, but not much otherwise.

So, ahem, what I mean to say is that the small number of tests reflects
the small number of bugs, or something? ;-)

>> Benchmark-wise, there's not much. I am not currently running many
>> benchmarks, fwiw -- been focusing more on correctness.
>
> Maybe "we" could start focusing on that now that the VM/compiler have
> matured a lot?

Sure, and at some point I'll switch to benchmarking and optimization --
but in the meantime perhaps someone whose named ends in udovic Courtès
could make make a benchmarking suite? ;-)) I hear you're all finished
with the BDW GC branch, right? :)

Back to the hack,

Andy
--