Re: interactive problem in build?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: interactive problem in build?
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:38:43 +0000

2008/12/14 Greg Troxel <address@hidden>:

> Just the build.

OK.

> But, I tried to get this to fail again, and couldn't.  I wonder if it's
> necessary that the installed guile be different - I get stuck quite
> often on upgrades.

Well I guess you could try to repro that hypothesis, if you had spare
time and inclination...

I believe the build code does try to avoid picking up anything (of
Guile/libguile) already installed.  But I think we're relying here on
libtool and details of the underlying OS, so it wouldn't be a massive
surprise to discover that it works perfectly on GNU/Linux, but not on
NetBSD.

Regards,
        Neil