Re: Using Libtool's `dlpreopen'

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Using Libtool's `dlpreopen'
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 21:53:56 +0000

2008/12/7 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>:

> That said, I think dlpreopen is not useless per se: it allows
> `--disable-shared' builds to work, as well as builds on platforms
> without shared library support (IIRC Guile is built without shared
> libraries by default on HP-UX 11.11).

I agree.  But given that you were sure that it had never worked as it
was, and that I have no evidence contrary to that, your change was
only removing cruft, not removing function.

Of course, someone may still choose to invest time in making
--disable-shared really work, if that is important.

Regards,
      Neil