Re: Stack calibration

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Stack calibration
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:04:13 +0100

On 10/10/2008, Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am not really following, but does this make it harder to cross-compile
>  guile than it is now?

I don't think so.  In the Guile build, 'make' already executes the
built guile in order to generate the online help
(guile-procedures.txt).  With this patch, 'make' will run guile again
to generate stack-limit-calibration.scm, which is then used by 'make
check'.

If running the built guile is a problem in your project, you
presumably cannot do 'make check'.  In that case, you could suppress
the generation of stack-limit-calibration.scm by removing it from
BUILT_SOURCES in libguile/Makefile.am.  Perhaps there is an
incantation for doing that automatically when cross-compiling? - patch
welcome!

Does that sound OK?  Let me know what you think.

   Neil