Re: multi-threading

From: David Séverin
Subject: Re: multi-threading
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 11:15:06 -0300

Le Fri, 3 Oct 2008 23:29:48 +0100,
"Neil Jerram" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> In practice, maybe the most useful thing we can do is to encourage
> configuration --with-threads, and in particular to work through
> whatever the reason is why Debian doesn't do this.

Yes! :-) I have raised this gdbcr [guile debian bug correction request :-)] a
couple
of time in a couple of years [or swffi: scheme wishes for full implementation
:-)]

It's hard to work without threads these days, and from an GUI application point
of
view, there are numerous situations where the user have 'to wait' for what
should be
background work ...

It would be really useful if debian --with-threads would become a guile
developer
important objective [to make it work]. I believe it would open a all lot of
possibilities and, maybe, contribute to raise the number of guilers on that
platform.

IMHO
David