Re: Race condition in threading code?

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: Race condition in threading code?
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:12:39 -0400

Hi Ludovic,

> The easiest way is to "cherry-pick" the change.  So, assuming the commit
> is at the tip of `master', you'd do:
>
>  $ git checkout branch_release-1-8
>  $ git cherry-pick master
>
>  ... resolve conflicts...
>
>  $ git commit -a -c THE-ID-THAT-GIT-TOLD-YOU-BEFORE
>
> And that's it!

Hmm... that didn't quite seem to work.  After some googling, I
discovered the following, which -- I think -- did the trick:

$ git checkout --tracking -b branch_release-1-8 origin/branch_release-1-8

...And then I just reapplied the fix by hand because it was only one
line.  :)  A patch against the branch is attached.  Let me know if
there are any problems with it.

Regards,
Julian