Re: Updated HACKING

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Updated HACKING
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:10:34 +0200

Hi,

> Please check dev/hanwen for changes.

The `HACKING' changes looks good overall, thank you!  The "complete
description in the commit message" should rather be "complete
ChangeLog-style description in the commit message (see the GNU Coding
Standards for details)".  The sentence "Post your patch to
address@hidden" lacks a period.

(It was funny to see notes about EGCS, a patch for CVS, etc.  ;-))

> I've also looked at renaming ChangeLogs, but I got a scare when I saw how
> many we have (I forgot GUILE did per directory ones).  Seeing so many
> deprecated
> files makes want to
>
> - delete them, or

No.

> - put them in a separate subdirectory where they will be out of sight.

Not sure.  How about just renaming them to `ChangeLog-2008' for now, and
add a top-level `ChangeLog' that reads something like "Please refer to
git.sv.gnu.org blah blah blah"?

Thanks,
Ludo'.