Compiling GUILE

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Compiling GUILE
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 19:43:15 -0300

Hi,

I'm trying to compile GUILE on a x86_64 machine, to figure out the GC problems

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I guile-config -I m4
configure.in:815: warning: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: configure.in: adding subdirectory guile-readline to autoreconf
autoreconf: Entering directory `guile-readline'
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /home/hanwen/usr/pkg/ac/bin/autoconf --force
configure.in:20: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:21: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
autoreconf: /home/hanwen/usr/pkg/ac/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

To satisfy all the dependencies, I installed m4 (1.4.4), autoconf
(2.60) automake (1.10.1)  locally. (sigh.)
How do I get GUILE to actually compile now?

Also, can someone tip me off how I create 64 bit binary on a mixed
32/64 machine?  I assume the default
will generate a 32 bit binary.