Re: how does one debug a SEGV in scm_threads_prehistory?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: how does one debug a SEGV in scm_threads_prehistory?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:29:02 -0400

  Our main development server was "upgraded" to 64 bits, but mostly
  still runs 32 bit software,
  so this is from a 32 bit build on a 64 bit platform.  Naturally, this
  all works on 32 on 32 and
  on 64 on 64.  But with 32 on 64, not so well:

I presume you are talking about Linux and going from i386 to
amd64/x86_64 (not sure which name is used in Linux).  I would be
suspicious that the i386 binary is getting linked with some amd64 libs
somehow - to first order it would seem to be an OS bug if the emulated
i386 binary doesn't run the same as on i386.  But I could certainly see
an allowable difference leading to triggering a latent bug in guile.

Can you trigger this with a simple example?  I have i386 and now amd64
boxes, and would be curious to try the NetBSD i386 binary on amd64, as
well as native.