Re: Working on master and branch_release-1-8 in the same repository

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Working on master and branch_release-1-8 in the same repository
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:40:43 +0200

Hi,

"Neil Jerram" <address@hidden> writes:

> I find that when switching from master to branch_release-1-8, I
> usually need to do a complete rebuild (i.e. make distclean, autogen,
> configure, make, make check).  Do others find this too, or is there
> something clever I can do to avoid it and still be sure that I'm
> getting correct builds?

I use `ccache', which helps reduce the time needed to recompile.

I found that, for some reason, running `autoreconf' is only needed when
switching from 1.8 to `master', otherwise a failure is hit in
`socket.test', typically.

Of course, another solution is to store each branch in a separate
directory.

Thanks,
Ludo'.