Re: "no duplicate" in `popen.test'

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: "no duplicate" in `popen.test'
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:48:21 +0100

2008/5/19 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>>
>>> That "no duplicate" test in `popen.test' leaves a zombie behind it [0].
>>> The fix would be to `waitpid' the process created by `open-input-pipe'
>>> (see attached patch), but that makes it hang, waiting for "sleep 999" to
>>> complete.
>>
>> I've attached an alternative possible solution, using feedback from
>> the parent to the child to avoid needing the long sleep.
>
> Can you apply this patch?

Well...  Looking at the patch again, I thought "but it can't be right
to do a display to port, when port comes from open-input-pipe".  And
then I tried running the test again, with the patch in place, and:

ERROR: open-input-pipe: no duplicate - arguments: ((wrong-type-arg
"display" "Wrong type argument in position ~A: ~S" (2 #<input: #{read\
pipe}# 13>) (#<input:
#{read\ pipe}# 13>)))

I'm not currently sure why I missed that before, but I'm working on a
better patch.

    Neil