Re: scm_i_* in Snd

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen
Subject: Re: scm_i_* in Snd
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 00:42:50 +0200 (CEST)

Clinton Ebadi;

Clinton Ebadi <address@hidden> writes:

Is this okay, and in case not, is there a better way to convert a
char* into a guile string?

SCM_API SCM scm_from_locale_string (const char *str);
SCM_API SCM scm_from_locale_stringn (const char *str, size_t len);
SCM_API SCM scm_take_locale_string (char *str);
SCM_API SCM scm_take_locale_stringn (char *str, size_t len);

Err, the other way around

SCM_API char *scm_to_locale_string (SCM str);
SCM_API char *scm_to_locale_stringn (SCM str, size_t *lenp);
SCM_API size_t scm_to_locale_stringbuf (SCM str, char *buf, size_t
                                       max_len);

Thanks for both answers. First time you answered my question,
second time you answered what I wanted to know. :-)