Re: scm_i_* in Snd

From: Clinton Ebadi
Subject: Re: scm_i_* in Snd
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 16:55:30 -0400

"Kjetil S. Matheussen" <address@hidden> writes:

> Bill Schottstaedt:
>>
>>> `scm_i_string_chars ()' is used by Mailutils, Lilypond, AutoGen, SND
>>
>> I'm not knowingly using any scm_i_* entities in Snd.  I removed the
>> scm_i_procedure_arity use, and I think the SCM_STRING_CHARS macro
>> is only used if it is defined.
>>

> Well, I'm using scm_i_string_chars in eval-c.scm, so that's probably
> explains Ludovic's hit. eval-c.scm contains these lines:
>
> "#ifdef SCM_STRING_CHARS"
> "#  define GET_STRING(a) (scm_is_false(a)?NULL:(char*)SCM_STRING_CHARS(a))"
> "#else"
> "#  define GET_STRING(a) (scm_is_false(a)?NULL:(char*)scm_i_string_chars(a))"
> "#endif"
>
> Is this okay, and in case not, is there a better way to convert a
> char* into a guile string?

SCM_API SCM scm_from_locale_string (const char *str);
SCM_API SCM scm_from_locale_stringn (const char *str, size_t len);
SCM_API SCM scm_take_locale_string (char *str);
SCM_API SCM scm_take_locale_stringn (char *str, size_t len);

--
                       No seed of hope nor ray of light,
                    Scant succour from the blighted epoch.