Re: pass at srfi-89 implementation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: pass at srfi-89 implementation
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:15:50 +0200

Hi Julian,

"Julian Graham" <address@hidden> writes:

> So I've taken a stab at implementing SRFI-89, using Guile's existing
> (ice-9 optargs) module -- my thinking was that the two were similar
> enough to make it worthwhile to have optargs do most of the heavy
> lifting.  What I've done is add some pre-parsing of the formals list
> before it's passed to (ice-9 optargs)'s lambda* and some accommodation
> of incompatible behavior.  Specifically:

Would it be a lot more time to make SRFI-89 independent of `(ice-9
optargs)' given the differences you describe?

IMO it would look cleaner and be more robust in the face of changes in
`(ice-9 optargs)'.  It would also make sure the SRFI-89 implementation
is not subtly biased towards what's in `(ice-9 optargs)'.

What do you think?

Ludovic.