Re: GNU Guile 1.8.5 released

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 1.8.5 released
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 22:06:51 +0100

> Following a suggestion read on `gnu-prog-discuss', I got myself an
> account on HP's Test Drive [0].  This allowed me to build Guile on HP-UX
> (PA-RISC) with HP's cc and FreeBSD 6.2 (x86) with GCC 3.

Sounds useful.  On similar (but not so diverse) lines, I was thinking
of registering Guile with SUSE's build service
(http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service) - but haven't actually done so yet.

> On HP-UX, the test-suite doesn't run because a stack overflow is hit by
> the time `elisp.test' is reached, or at some later point if we remove
> it; using "(debug-set! stack 50000)" didn't seem to help much either.
> Also needs further investigation, but I'm not sure it's worth being too
> proactive on this platform.

You may like to try the patch that I posted before for stack
overflows; I've attached it here again for convenience.

     Neil