Re: segfault in SRFI-1 partition on non-list input

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: segfault in SRFI-1 partition on non-list input
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:40:23 -0400

>  Looking at SRFI-1 specifically, the spirit is apparently to phrase
>  things in a way that allows implementations to not actually check
>  whether arguments are proper lists when proper lists are expected (see,

Great links -- I had no idea this was such a contentious topic!

Actually, though, what Olin Shivers says in the introduction to SRFI-1
is that specific parts of SRFI-1 should work (and are documented to
work) on dotted and / or circular lists in addition to proper lists.

Coincidentally, I noticed last night that Guile's implementation of
some of these parts is a bit buggy in this regard -- `take',
`take-right', `drop', and `drop-right' don't work on dotted lists.

Regards,
Julian