autogen error building from git

From: Julian Graham
Subject: autogen error building from git
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:44:43 -0400

Hi Ludovic (or whomever this may concern),

I checked out the repository from git last night and tried to build,
but autogen died with the following error:

configure:5524: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_HEADER_STRING_H_DEFAULTS

I'm guessing this has something to do with gnulib, but I'm not an m4
savant.  I'm running the latest beta of Ubuntu Hardy and I'm pretty
sure I've got all the requisite packages -- I've always been able to
build from CVS, but I can't remember the last time I ran autogen.
I've attached the complete autogen output, in case that's helpful.

Regards,
Julian