Re: The Big Switch to Git

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: The Big Switch to Git
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:31:14 +0100

Hi,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> I've done that now, so please feel free to proceed with whatever is
> the next step.  Should we announce a temporary moratorium on CVS
> commits?  Do people need time to record any work that they have in
> progress by doing "cvs diff"s, while the CVS server is still working?

Jim Meyering on `savannah-hackers' confirmed [0] that the CVS repo can
be made read-only, so I'll ask him to make it read-only and push the new
Git repo sometime tomorrow evening (Thursday, 27th), i.e., around
9pm-10pm GMT+1. (At any rate, we don't have a flow of tens of commits
per hour, so we should be able to cope with this downtime.  ;-))

Thanks,
Ludo'.

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01433.html