Re: The Big Switch to Git

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: The Big Switch to Git
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:06:08 +0100

Hello,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> After reviewing what others have said on this, I'm inclined to agree
> with this lazy-import approach.

OK.

> Agreed.  Except that I think that we should "cvs remove" everything
> that has been transferred to Git (once it is clear that the transfer
> was successful).  (Because there should not be two possible sources
> for the guile-core files, that can only confuse people.)

Hmm, I'd prefer adding a `THIS-REPOSITORY-IS-DEAD' marker, as Han-Wen
suggested.  We should also ask the Savannah hackers what other options
are available to somehow "hide" the repository without actually deleting
it.

> I think I can go ahead with this at any time, can't I?  In other
> words: ticking this option won't automatically do anything bad to the
> existing CVS infrastructure, will it?

Yes, you can do it anytime, and as long as you don't "untick" the "CVS
Repository" feature, nothing bad will happen.  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludo'.