Re: Terrific Dead Lock

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Terrific Dead Lock
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:20:56 +0100

Hi,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Basically yes, but two thoughts:
>
> - Can I just take a couple more days to review the srcprops changes in
>   detail?  It's important for my debugging work, and I recall having
>   some concern when Han-Wen implemented this...  Looking at the diffs
>   quickly again now, I can't see any reason for that concern, but I'd
>   like to be sure.

Sure.  (I browsed this thread recently and I think these were mainly
efficiency concerns.)

> - Although I agree in principle that all those macros shouldn't be in
>   srcprop.h, do we really need to make that change now?  I think we can
>   just apply Han-Wen's changes to the macros in srcprop.h, without
>   moving them to srcprop.c.

I dislike the idea of having to create another version of `srcprop' just
for the sake of leaving private macros publicly accessible, but maybe
I'm just too lazy or radical.

FWIW, http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&q=+SRCPROPSP suggests that
Guile may be the only user of this macro.

Thanks,
Ludovic.