Re: srfi-18 requirements

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: srfi-18 requirements
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:06:41 -0500

I await your mutex wisdom; while I wait for tomorrow's post, though --

> How about if the core join-thread takes an optional timeout-val
> parameter, like SRFI-18 thread-join! ?  If no timeout-val was
> supplied, and the join timed out, the core join-thread would return
> #f.

For join-thread, sure.  What about scm_join_thread?  Sorry if I'm
being obtuse, but my understanding was that you didn't want anything
like scm_join_thread_timed and that changing the signature of
scm_join_thread was out of the question.  (Or should this enhancement
only be exposed in Scheme?)

Regards,
Julian