Re: [patch] subordinate SMOBs with GOOPS superclasses

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: [patch] subordinate SMOBs with GOOPS superclasses
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:24:28 +0000

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You should probably also have a look at the Scheme-Level FFI of PLT
>> Scheme[1], and my reimplementation for Scheme 48[2].
>
> Thanks for the links, that's the kind of think I had in mind.  Perhaps
> you'd like to port S42 to Guile as well?  :-)

>From a _very_ quick look, my impression is that the PLT FFI is about
equivalent in complexity and function to what the code generation side
of G-Wrap provides.

If that's correct, then the key practical difference is that G-Wrap
does everything at build/compile time, where PLT FFI does everything
at runtime -- in which case, surely G-Wrap is the better option?

Regards,
        Neil