Re: Guile project page garbage collection

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile project page garbage collection
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 18:45:34 +0100

Hi,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> One immediate worry: for the projects that are up to date, I am
> concerned that we would be asking the authors to jump through a new
> set of hoops, when they've already jumped nicely through the hoops
> that we specified before.

OTOH, it's been a while since somebody submitted something, I think, so
maybe it's probably not unreasonable to expect authors to be re-submit a
thing; or they could just say "keep the previous entry for my project".

> Can we not do something using the existing format (assuming that the
> records in that format are available somewhere), so as not to require
> resubmission of equivalent information?

You mean the s-exp-based format?  I don't know whether the information
was kept in this format somewhere and actually, I don't know what tools
are available to deal with it.  I think we could work with raw HTML,
given that entries are fairly simple.

Thanks,
Ludovic.