Re: Switching to Git?

From: Cesar Strauss
Subject: Re: Switching to Git?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:17:03 -0300

Andy Wingo wrote:

> (2) git does not  work on windows.

Not entirely true. I do use git on Windows, courtesy of the Cygwin
project. I use it even for native MinGW projects.

>> How about switching from CVS to Git [0]?

As a user, what I like most about git is its integrated graphical
history browser (gitk). It offers the same functionality as the
web-based interface, only much faster, because all history is cached on
disk. For one particular project, I could even unsubscribe myself from
the commit notification mailing list, after the project switched to git.

Regards,
Cesar