Re: SLIB

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: SLIB
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:05:07 +1000

"Mikael Djurfeldt" <address@hidden> writes:

> slib.scm makes sure that each time
> some module requires new slib code, it will be loaded into the module
> (ice-9 slib) and exported from there.  I'm not at all sure that
> guile.init does that,

I suspect it doesn't.  It'd be cute if going through (ice-9 slib) worked
with the module system so you could get slib in some modules and not
others.  In particular it'd help for the various funcs in slib which
clash with guile core bits, like the different flavour of `system', and
the separate `provided?' feature list which Greg mentioned.  But I think
it depends what Aubrey want to do.  For now I think guile.init is only
really setup to be loaded into the top-level environment to transmute it
into an slib environment.