Re: what am I doing wrong building 1.8?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: what am I doing wrong building 1.8?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:27:58 +0200

Hi Ludovic,

> Hi,
>
> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If I pass --enable-maintainer-mode to configure this problem goes away,
>> and the build completes. Is this expected?
>
> I think so, because people building from the tarball get a usable
> `.info' file and (presumably) `version.texi' as well (in case they want
> to build the PDF).

Ah, this would be the reason for the warning in autogen.sh. A bit
counter-intuitive:

 http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=include+version+texi+cvs
 http://www.cygwin.com/ml/guile/2000-01/msg00536.html

but if this is the way that things are done, fine :)

Cheers,

Andy.
--
http://wingolog.org/