Re: Evolution & optimization of the module system

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Evolution & optimization of the module system
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:39:47 +0200

Hi,

> Attached is a patch that implements lazy duplicate checking.
> `process-duplicates' is gone and `module-variable' plays its role when
> an imported variable is looked up for the first time.  Subsequent
> lookups for the same variable result in a "cache hit", i.e., the result
> is fetched directly from the "import obarray".

Folks, I'm willing to install this patch in HEAD one of these days since
it provides an appreciable performance improvement.  Please let me know
if you are strongly opposed to this.

Note that just because it's committed doesn't mean that it's "set in
stone", so we can certainly modify it eventually.

Thanks,
Ludovic.