Re: autohackery and nightly snapshots

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: autohackery and nightly snapshots
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:24:27 +0000

> Hi,
>
> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> -subdirs_with_ltlibs="srfi guile-readline"       # maintain me
>> +subdirs_with_ltlibs="srfi guile-readline libguile"       # maintain me
>
> Strangely, I had noticed that `(use-modules (ice-9 i18n))' would work
> with `pre-inst-guile', even before `libguile-i18n-v-0' is installed,
> perhaps because of some side-effect induced by the `libguile/guile'
> Libtool script.  But apparently, this is not always the case, so your
> fix makes sense.

Yes, I've observed that too, when running the "make distcheck" on my
own machine.  My guess is that pre-inst-guile is picking up a copy of
libguile-i18n-v-0 from somewhere else (i.e. /usr/lib or
/usr/local/lib), but I haven't got to the bottom of this yet, and
that's why I haven't yet committed the above change to CVS.

That said, I might commit the above change tonight provisionally, to
see if it helps the snapshot.

Regards,
     Neil