Re: Patch to fix working of autogen.sh

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Patch to fix working of autogen.sh
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:48:50 +1100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> (Doing AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION causes autopoint to be run, which causes
> the creation of a po subdir, with various boilerplate files, but I see
> no harm in that.)

An actual release doesn't have a po subdir yet does it?  Can you make
the autogen give what should go out the door?  It might mean running
the desired aclocal/autoconf/automake combination explicitly, instead
of trusting autoreconf -- I'm guessing autoreconf is wrongly (for us)
deciding it needs to gettextize.

> +
> +AC_DEFUN([AM_INTL_SUBDIR], [])dnl

Put an enormous comment there if you would, otherwise it's bound to
make everyone wonder what it's for.

(Oh, and no need for the dnl on the end, autoconf prunes newlines out
ok.)