Re: More i18n

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: More i18n
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:05:10 +1100

> address@hidden {Scheme Procedure} locale-yes-regexp [locale]
> address@hidden {Scheme Procedure} locale-no-regexp [locale]
> +Return a string that can be used as a regular expression to recognize
> +a positive (respectively, negative) response to a yes/no question.

You could show what it is in the C locale there, as a sample.  Just
reading it made me wonder if it might match "y" or "yes" or both, or
whatever.  (Too much detail is obviously outside our scope, but
something to show what's typical is always helpful.)

> +;; `YESSTR' and `NOSTR' are considered deprecated so we don't provide them.

You could put with locale-yes-regexp in the manual that gettext is
recommended for a yes/no string for output.  The same as the glibc
manual says.

> +#ifdef YESSTR
> +  DEFINE_NLITEM_CONSTANT (YESSTR);
> +#endif
> +#ifdef NOSTR
> +  DEFINE_NLITEM_CONSTANT (NOSTR);
> +#endif

If unused then I expect that can be dropped.