Re: More i18n

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: More i18n
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:08:24 +0100

Oops, I forgot to mention a few things...

>   2. Since `nl-langinfo' is hidden from Scheme programmers, all the
>      `locale-' procedures are guaranteed to work, no matter whether
>      `nl_langinfo ()' is actually available (see the feature-conditional
>      macros in `i18n.scm').

The idea is that eventually we could plug in `localeconv' support
transparently, i.e., the user-visible API would remain the same but it
would become capable of using `localeconv' when `nl-langinfo' is not
available (that would work only for monetary and numeric procedures,
though).

   -1. Introduced `%global-locale' (which is quite handy).

   -2. Changed `make-locale' to use a category list rather than a
       category mask:

         (make-locale (list LC_NUMERIC LC_MESSAGES) "eo_EO")

And I think that's it.

Ludo'.