Re: Trouble building 1.8.x

From: Heikki Lindholm
Subject: Re: Trouble building 1.8.x
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:58:54 +0200

Kevin Ryde kirjoitti:
Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

+ ./autogen.sh ../workbook

I've never used that. :)

autoreconf

Nor that.

configure:35800: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INTL_SUBDIR
     See the Autoconf documentation.

Sounds strange.  As a wild guess though, check you haven't got any
symlinked .m4 files in the guile-config dir (or wherever) which have
become broken by upgrading automake and/or gettext.  That bit me on my
last update, I fixed it by deleting them.

(I think it was gettextize that made those links for me.  I suspect
that's a throwback to a time when all .m4 files were supposed to be
both in the dist as well as in aclocal.m4.  I'd be surprised if anyone
has ever used either mechanism for a reconf though.)

I also failed miserably at generating the configure scripts. So, how about telling THE mechanism that people are using to do a reconf?

-- Heikki Lindholm