Re: Serious bug in GUILE rational handling.

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Serious bug in GUILE rational handling.
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:43:25 +1100

> I've added one (CVS HEAD)

You can put tests in the branch for bugs fixed in the branch.

Oh, and the popen.test was indeed my fault, indirectly.  I stuck in a
configure test for pipe(), because it doesn't exist on mingw, and that
unintentionally enabled this bit of scm_display, write and write_char

          scm_prin1 (obj, port, 0);
        #ifdef HAVE_PIPE
        # ifdef EPIPE
          if (EPIPE == errno)
            scm_close_port (port);
        # endif
        #endif

I've commented that out in the three places.  I'm pretty sure it's not
reliable to test errno at that point.  I think popen.test had an EPIPE
left from a long previous operation for instance, and it made
scm_display close the check-guile.log file port. :(

I can't tell where those lines came from, they're there in 1.6, but
disabled on account of no HAVE_PIPE.  Shows what you get for changing
the configury I guess ...