Re: Introducing `cond-feature'

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Introducing `cond-feature'
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:46:55 +1100

> I'm glad to introduce `cond-feature', a macro that does the exact same
> thing as `cond-expand' but for Guile's built-in features:

Perhaps cond-expand could be extended.  Maybe `guile-foo' feature to
mean one of guile's features list.

>   (if (provided? 'stuff)
>       (do-stuff)

That should be ok though.  A good compiler will want to recognise and
optimize things like that, and drop resulting dead code.

(Gratuitous plug: in my guile-lint I look for a few forms like that,
to suppress warnings in code that's intended for particular guile or
module versions.)