Re: Text collation

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Text collation
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:38:04 +1100

> I've written a wrapper for `nl_langinfo ()' as part of the `i18n' module

What do other schemes or lisps do?  I had an idea one of the srfis had
some bits but they weren't great.  I started a localeconv bit (below)
using a vector for all info, though I'm now inclined to think a
function with a symbol arg would be friendlier than a big object
return.

        (langinfo 'thousands-sep) => ","

Or "localeinfo" or "localeconv" or something.

In my charting program I made a separate function for each of the few
bits I wanted,

        (locale-decimal-point) => "."
        (locale-d-fmt)         => "%d/%m/%y"

One cute thing about that is that the user can override to personal
preferences by `set!'ing in a new function, like having "%b" for the
month in the date format.