Re: Stable releases

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Stable releases
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:04:16 +0100

Hi,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been wondering whether we could make stable releases on a more
> predictable basis than we have done in the past.

I'm all in favor of what you propose, but...

> (a) leaving a short while - say 2-3 days - after committing a fix,
>     just in case of a glaring mistake that would be picked up by
>     another developer building

I believe 2-3 days is a bit too short, given the current average
response time on this mailing list.  :-)  So I'd rather say one week.

And also it'd be nice if the release maker could send a reminder one
week before making the release so that people have an incentive to
update their trees and test.

Thanks,
Ludovic.