Re: scheme closures: crash during garbage collection

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: scheme closures: crash during garbage collection
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:49:31 +0200

Hi,

I'm just now getting around to taking care of this oldie.

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 18:06 +0300, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
> > (See
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-gtk-general/2006-06/msg00013.html
> > if you didn't see the whole description on guile-gtk-general already.)
[...]
>    By using this combination of tracing and reference counting it is
>    possible to break the cycle that is formed by the proxy pointing to
>    the GtkObject and the GtkObject pointing back.

I'm going to look into what it would take to use mark functions, as
guile-gtk does, instead of rolling our GC protection scheme, as Gregory
did[0]. I'll also look into what python does, as they probably have
things right. Then again, I thought I had things right...

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-gtk-general/2006-07/msg00056.html

Cheers,

Andy.
--