Re: Building Guile on IA64 HPUX

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Building Guile on IA64 HPUX
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:36:50 +0100

Hrvoje Nikšić <address@hidden> writes:

> We use Guile on a number of platforms, including HP-UX 11.23 on Itanium.
> While Guile seems to build on IA64 HPUX, it crashes while running
> because of GC failing to mark some objects reachable through the stack.
>
> There are three distinct problems that require attention:

[...]

> Putting all this together, I assembled a patch which, when applied,
> should make Guile buildable on both IA64 HPUX and Linux, without
> affecting other architectures.  After applying the patch, you will need
> to run autoconf and autoheader.  Unfortunately the patch is for Guile
> 1.6.7 (which we use locally), but it should be trivial to port to 1.8.1
> or 1.6.8.

[...]

> +AC_CHECK_LIB(uca, __uc_get_ar_bsp)

Is there any point in this check?  As far as I can tell we don't use
the result of the check anywhere.

Otherwise, this all looks good to me, so I've applied it to CVS HEAD.
Could people with IA64 machines please test?  If the results are good,
I'll apply to the 1.6 and 1.8 branches also.

Thanks,
        Neil