Re: guile-1.8.1 - problems on AMD64

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guile-1.8.1 - problems on AMD64
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:38:29 +0200

Hi,

Stanislav Ievlev <address@hidden> writes:

> As I understand, this is one of security features from RedHat gcc branch.
> http://www.redhat.com/magazine/006apr05/features/security/

I see.  I found a more technical post on this matter:

  http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/5/25/46

This looks like a potentially useful tool and we'll probably investigate
its results once it's available in the main GCC branch.

As for this:

  async.c: In function 'scm_i_queue_async_cell':
  async.c:250: warning: ignoring return value of 'write', declared with
attribute warn_unused_result

I don't really understand what this code does, but I have the feeling
that line 250 could be rewritten this way:

  SCM_SYSCALL ((void)write (sleep_fd, &dummy, 1));

Can somebody familiar with this comment?

Thanks,
Ludovic.