Re: 1.8 make check failing in popen.test

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: 1.8 make check failing in popen.test
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:26:52 +1000

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Ahh, I didn't notice that.  It's actually the second.

I guess a select hang is probably the read-char waiting for the child
to signal to the parent that it (the child) has closed stdout so the
parent can go ahead and test that connection (for eof).  Maybe gdb or
some printfs can show if that's so.

It still works ok for me though, with a renamed directory.  But I do
get a test fail in the "illegal (begin)" of syntax.test.  Dunno what
that means ... "(if #t (begin))" is supposed to be illegal but it
passes, or something.