`guile-debugging' feature requests

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: `guile-debugging' feature requests
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:58:15 +0200

Hi,

I only started using Neil's `guile-debugging' very recently, and so far
mostly for incremental development from Emacs rather than debugging.
BTW, I find `gds-tutorial.txt' a very nice way to get started and also
to get impressed by the new features.  I think this will have to be
integrated too.

So, below are a couple of feature requests wrt. incremental development
from within Emacs.

* Completion

Currently, `gds-complete-symbol' only completes symbols based on those
defined in the current module of the attached Guile process.  This is
fine, but it would be nice if a completion function compatible with
`hippie-expand' was provided, so that one can plug it in the middle of
other completion functions.

* Module Unloading/Reloading

When one is writing code and periodically testing it via GDS, it may
sometimes be useful to tell GDS to entirely unload/reload a given
module.  This would be particularly helpful when testing features that
span several modules.  I don't know exactly what would be feasible in
this area, and this would certainly require support from Guile itself.

Also, I don't know what other Scheme/Lisp development environments allow
for in this respect.  Does that sound like a useful usage pattern?

Thanks,
Ludovic.