Re: Guile + Boehm GC: First Remarks

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Guile + Boehm GC: First Remarks
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:11:27 +0100

> Sorry for the long mail and if you have any comment, don't hesitate!

Fascinating!  Assuming we can resolve the details you have listed,
what are the other high-level pros/cons, apart from performance?  Does
this mean we would discard all Guile's own GC code?  Also, is Boehm GC
as sophisticated as the generational GC ideas that people have talked
over the last year about adding Guile, or can we expect future Boehm
GC development to cover this?

Is Boehm GC an active project?  What else uses it?

Regards,
        Neil