SCM_DEFER_INTS in 1.6

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: SCM_DEFER_INTS in 1.6
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:55:32 +1000

What does SCM_DEFER_INTS actually do in 1.6?  I'm looking at the way
guile-gtk 1.2 puts it around gtk/gdk function calls, but I couldn't
spot anything in it which seemed relevant.

scm_ints_disabled gets set, but I couldn't see anywhere that variable
is tested, only take_signal() where it suppresses an SCM_NEWCELL (and
the result of that newcell seems unused anyway).

I'm wondering if the right thing would be just to drop the
SCM_DEFER_INTS from the guile-gtk generated code.  (The code there may
still want a mutex then, but that's a gtk/gdk matter, unrelated to
what guile might or might not need.)